čtvrtek 1. ledna 2015

My Favourite Songs From Movies

This list contains songs, which I think are perfectly used in movies. I think that music is part and parcel of every movie. Withnout music it's just not right.

1. Dusty Springfield - Son Of a Preacher Man 

From movie Pulp Fiction written and directed by Quentin Tarantino.The film was released in 1994. Pulp Fiction is known for mix of humor and violence and pop culture references.  One of my favourite movies. One of my favourite scenes. It may seem strange, because the scene is very simple, but there is very exciting tension between Mia and Vincent. I fell in love with this song when I first heard it.
                                        

This song was recorded by Dusty Springfield in September 1968 and featured on the album Dusty in Memphis

2.  B.J Thomas- Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head

From american film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Directed by George Roy Hill. The film was released in 1969 starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Unfortunately I couldn't find the iconic scene on youtube, however I'm pretty sure most of you know that scene. Paul Newman shares a bicycle with Katharine Ross (as Etta Place). When I first watched the movie I loved this scene and this song. It is my favourite scene from this movie. 

B-J Thomas 

Song was recorded by B.J Thomas in 1969. It was written for the film by  Hal David and Burt Bacharach. It was also used in 1994 movie Forrest Gump. 

3. Geri Halliwell - It' Raining Man 

From Bridget Jones's diary. British romantic comedy premiered in 2001, starring Renée Zellweger, Hugh Grant and Coln Firth. This movie has been my favourite since I was 10 years old. Bridget was my first female hero. I know every line and every scene. And one of my favourite scenes is this one. Mark and Daniel fight. It's so funny! We hear Geri Halliwell singing It's Raining Man. 


¨

It's Raining Man was originally recorded by The Weather Girls in 1982. Geri's cover version was released as the first single of Halliwell's second solo album in 2001. 


4.The Dubliners - Rocky Road To Dublin

From 2009 Sherlock Holmes, directed by Guy Richie, starrind Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. In this scene Sherlock is fighting with some bloke. It's full of energy and it fits the historic backround of the movie.  


Rocky Road To Dublin is 19th century Irish song. It is often performed instrumentally. In this movie this sog is covered by The Dubliners. 



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat